Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we’re committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly to each other’s success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is the world’s first Data-to-Everything Platform. Now organizations no longer need to worry about where their data is coming from, and they are free to focus on the business outcomes that data can deliver.
What you get from this role:
Are you ready to change the way businesses think and do you want to make your impact? How would you like to be the face of the brand and help prospects become customers of Splunk? If so, then this may be a phenomenal way for you to jump start your sales career. We are seeking a dynamic, early career professional to join our fast-growing team. There is a defined growth path for successful Sales Development Reps to be promoted throughout the sales organization and other similar roles and marketing functions.
What your day to day responsibilities look like:
In this role, you will have key responsibilities such as working inbound leads through calls and emails to prospects, qualifying their interest and purchasing power for Splunk products, and develop pipeline for the organization. If you possess outstanding verbal & written interpersonal skills, and you are dedicated to learning as much as you can about Splunk while building your business insight, consider this exciting role at Splunk. You will articulate our value proposition to clients, showing the extraordinary value Splunk provides to organizations. There is a defined growth path for successful Sales Development Reps to be promoted throughout the sales organization and other similar roles and marketing functions.
You will create a positive first impression with our prospects and customers by providing them with “world-class” experience. You will complete initial introduction and qualification of potential sales opportunities for approval and assignment to the appropriate Sales Representatives. You maintain a sense of urgency and rapid response cadence in following up on all inbound inquiries and marketing campaigns. You are a strong performer and set the bar high.
- Conduct high level conversations with customer & prospect
- Contact 60+ prospects daily via phone, email, and other various forms of outreach.
- Qualify pre-opportunities by identifying Budget, Authority, Need, and Timeframe.
- Generate pipeline for the sales organization through inbound leads and introduce prospects to Regional Sales Managers.
- Actively participate in and add to team learning opportunities and your own personal development
- Build new sales opportunities with customers and new prospects for Splunk
In order to be successful in this role, we are looking for someone who has:
- 1-2 years of experience in a professional environment (experience on phone or public speaking preferred)
- High ethical and moral standards
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Strong problem-solving skills
- High energy and positive attitude
- Ability to meet and exceed achievable targets
- Motivation, drive and a self-starting attitude
- CRM or Salesforce.com experience a plus
- Ability to commute daily to our Boulder office (this is not a remote position)
- Articulate and excellent follow up skills
- Strong desire to move up in other sales functions at Splunk
We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits and a professional atmosphere. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers.
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. Thank you for your interest in Splunk!