SSC Advisors, Inc. (“SSC”) is seeking paid interns for the 2022 tax season (January 15 through April 15). A dynamic and forward-thinking ESOP-owned Accounting and Management Consulting Firm with five Kansas locations in Shawnee, Lawrence, Meriden, Topeka, and Salina; the Interns will be housed throughout SSC’s network of offices. SSC offers quality service to businesses by creating value for our clients through leadership, relationships, and creativity.
The ideal intern candidate is someone interested in public accounting as a career, currently in business school with some coursework that relates to accounting, finance, or management, and has maintained at least a 2.75 GPA.
To provide extraordinary support to a high-performing team of accounting and management professionals as we work together to deliver high-quality financial information and advisory services to clients.
Role and Responsibilities-
- Scanning documents received from clients and separating them appropriately
- Saving scanned documents and virtual filing
- Preparing tax return work papers under the guidance of experienced tax preparers
- Working with others to help prepare at least three business and/or individual tax returns
- Ability to work well with others
- Effective communication skills
- Ability to use a wide range of software
- Critical thinking
- Effective time-management skills with multiple concurrent tasks
- Strong skills in Microsoft Outlook and excel
In addition to an hourly rate of pay, the intern will gain skills associated with the workflow of tax returns and the processing of those returns. Additionally, the intern will learn practical application of a prominent suite of software and other technologies quintessential to success in the accounting profession.
Full-time or Hourly (Variable hour) position based upon availability. Variable hour employment ranges from 20-30 hours a week and will be set in advance based on coursework. Work hours include hours outside of the traditional workweek (M-F, 8 am-5 pm).