Joining the Stanley Black & Decker team means joining one of the world’s largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic companies. Stanley Black & Decker is a world-leading provider of tools and storage, commercial electronic security and engineered fastening systems, with unique growth platforms, and a track record of sustained profitable growth. We have been globally recognized as one of the most innovative, inclusive, sustainable, and rewarding companies in the world.
The Sales & Marketing Development Program (SMDP) provides a structured start to your career. The program is designed to build a foundation for career growth within sales, marketing, management and ecommerce. You’ll be supported by comprehensive training program which develops your skills and leadership qualities. SMDP immerses you in the world of our end-users, customers, and business partners at multi-billion-dollar retailers and commercial job sites.
As a sales representative, you will manage a territory of retail home improvement stores. In this role, you’re responsible for sales, merchandising and events. You’ll build relationships with key decision makers and collaborate to create a market strategy for your territory. This is an active, hands-on role. You’ll work daily in the retail environment and will need to be able to lift products, build displays and climb ladders, in order to merchandise products.
As a program associate you’ll gain exposure to the wide range of opportunities within the organization. You’ll develop professionally and personally, preparing you to advance your career in sales, early-career management, or dive into the world of channel management, product development, brand marketing and e-commerce. Many successful leaders within Stanley Black & Decker began their their careers in the Sales & Marketing Development Program. You’ll build a secure foundation with a long road of experiences.
While in SMDP, your development and growth will be supported through a blended training curriculum; on the job, online and instructor lead classes. These trainings provide the knowledge and understanding of our products and industry. Throughout the program you will have the opportunity to relocate multiple times to major metropolitan cities across the United States and grow your professional network.
We’re looking for motivated, self-starters, who are energized working independently and in a team-based environment. We’re seeking someone with effective selling skills, a resourceful problem solver with excellent interpersonal skills and desire to work with a wide variety of people from the retail consumers to Stanley Black & Decker leadership.
More About Your Role:
Home Depot and Lowe’s are two of the top retailers for Stanley Black & Decker products. Marketing and merchandising strategies are developed at the corporate level and you will ensure those strategies are implemented at the store level.
In a typical day, you will visit two stores in your territory, rotating these stores on a frequent basis. You’ll invest your time building relationships with key store personnel, executing merchandising strategies to assist the sell through of products at the store, and create and execute event initiatives.
Locations: Boston, NY Metro, North New Jersey, Philadelphia, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, DC/N. Virginia, Chicago, Detroit, Cincinnati, Charlotte, Atlanta, Nashville, Knoxville, Birmingham, Tampa, Orlando, Miami, Houston, Dallas, Austin, San Antonio, Phoenix, Salt Lake City, Denver, San Diego, Los Angeles, Orange County, San Francisco, Sacramento, Portland, Seattle, Honolulu
- Full-time, salaried position
- Medical, dental, vision, 401K
- 3 Weeks Paid Time Off
- 10 Holidays + 2 Diversity Days
- Company vehicle, gas card, laptop, printer and cellphone provided
- Extensive training program
- Personalized career path
Successful candidates meet the following requirements:
- Humble & Accountable
- Creative and resourceful
- Positive attitude
- Willingness to relocate 2-3 times within the United States
- Bachelor’s degree or 3-5 years equivalent work experience in a sales or customer service role (retail or field experience preferred), or equivalent Military experience
- Must be willing to travel regionally, work occasional weekends
- Abie to lift up to 50lbs, willing to climb ladders, work on feet most of the day
- Must pass a background and driving record check given that this position is driving in nature
- Bilingual is a plus
- Courage & Innovation – Bravely innovate without boundaries. Generate and embrace new ideas. Drive cutting-edge digital solutions. Foster creativity for exponential growth
- Agility & Performance – Simplify to accelerate business results. Anticipate, adapt to and lead changes. Focus on the right things and act. Perform in ways that exceed expectations.
- Inclusivity & Collaboration – Respect and leverage all aspects of diversity. Make decisions with an inclusive, global view. Collaborate to amplify customer value. Communicate to drive meaningful outcomes.
- Integrity & Accountability – Operate with highest ethical standards. Be who you are, build trusted relationships. Act with transparency and positive intent. Live up to commitments and own the results.
Diversity & Inclusion:
We strive to build and nurture a culture where inclusiveness is a reflex, not an initiative. Where there is a deep sense of pride, passion and belonging that transcends any role, business unit, language or country. And where all employees feel valued, heard and positioned to do their best work every day. Learn more about our inclusive workforce here: https://www.stanleyblackanddecker.com/careers/our-inclusive-workforce
- #1 Mogul’s Top 100 Companies for Millennial Women
- #4 Mogul’s Top 100 Innovators in Diversity & Inclusion
- #45 100 Best Corporate Citizens
- Perfect Score of 100 Corporate Equality Index for LGBTQ Workplace Equality, Human Rights Campaign
- Best Companies for Happiness, Comparably
Stanley Black & Decker is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran’s status, age, genetic information, disability, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
To learn more about Sales & Marketing Development Program visit https://www.stanleyblackanddecker.com/careers/early-career/sales-and-marketing-development-program