Finance Leadership Development Program
TC Transcontinental, Making Impressions Count
TC Transcontinental is a leader in flexible packaging in North America, and Canada’s largest printer. The Corporation is also the leading Canadian French-language educational publishing group. For over 40 years, TC Transcontinental’s story has been one of innovation and transformation to meet our customers’ evolving needs. Our strong family values, entrepreneurial spirit and long-term vision have always been at the heart of our success. With our 3 business sectors of Packaging, Print and Media, we continue to optimize, transform and grow while making impressions that count!
TC Transcontinental Packaging brings a distinctive blend of Art, Science and Technology to create flexible packaging that preserves our customers’ products and accentuates their brands on the store shelf. The Packaging Sector has over 4,000 employees and 25 facilities worldwide specializing in extrusion, lamination, printing and converting of plastic products.
We share the Ellen MacArthur Foundation’s vision of a circular economy for plastic, where plastic never becomes waste and have committed, by 2025, for 100% of our plastic packaging to be reusable, recyclable or compostable. And most recently, we joined the United Nations Global Compact – a voluntary initiative of signatory companies committing to social responsibilities around human rights, labor standards and environmental protection. You will join a high-performing team that is dedicated to sustainability and passionate about our people, operations, communities and products.
About this opportunity
Our Finance Leadership Development (LDP) program is intended to develop talented, high potential leaders within our Finance function. This 2-year rotational consists of two 12-month rotational experiences, formal mentorship, and training curriculum; all of which are designed to provide a broad range of experiences in various facets to accelerate development. Our Financial LDP offers hands on exposure to both Operations support and Corporate Finance (Shared Service, Tax, Internal Audit & Controls, Treasury, Financial Planning & Analysis). Candidates will be based in Tulsa, OK and Lenexa, Kansas; and, will spend up to six months in Montreal, Canada and/or Chicago, IL head office over the two-year period.
This position is a rotational role with the ability to gain experience by cross-training in the various areas within the Finance organization and other key related functions. Formalized training and development and mentorship throughout the rotation program. Exposure to Senior Management.
What you will do
Finance – Operations Rotation
· Train and job shadow various departments, including but not limited to: Finance, Customer Service, Logistics, Prepress/Printing/Extrusion/Converting/Lamination/Slitting, Maintenance, Quality, and Human Resources.
· Assist the Controller in the month-end financial closing & reporting processes by ensuring financial results are reported timely and accurately.
· Assist the Controller in preparing the annual budget and monthly forecast by incorporating key business strategies, return on capital investments and other KPI’s that drive factory performance.
· Participates and occasionally leads cross-functional project teams within a manufacturing setting
· Continuously improve desk procedures and processes, including documentation, process mapping and efficiency improvements
· Maintains strong interactive relationships with plant and corporate business partners by listening, clarifying and responding effectively.
· Designing and maintaining reports based on collected data.
· Communicating results to Controller, Sr. Operations Leaders, and other support department leaders as required.
· Support and contribute to a healthy and safe work environment by following all workplace regulations, policies, and initiatives, including reporting all first aid injuries, accidents, and workplace hazards.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Relocation and travel required.
Corporate Finance Training & Assignments will include:
· Corporate tax
· Internal audit & controls
· Financial Planning & Analysis
· Shared Service functions
What you have to offer
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business with GPA of 3.25 or higher; completion of coursework by December 2021
- Strong analytical, modeling and statistical skills
- Detail-oriented and timeline driven with an emphasis on accuracy and results
- Ability to manage multiple priorities, meet deadlines, work proactively and independently in a fast-changing environment
- Proven creativity, problem solving and decision-making ability
- Excellent leadership, teamwork and service skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Google Suite, Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills preferred
- Enterprise Resource Planning systems experience a plus
- Mandatory: Geographic flexibility based on assignment availability (Tulsa, Oklahoma & Lenexa, Kansas). Travel required throughout program for training in Montreal, Canada and Chicago head offices.
What we have to offer
- Opportunity to be part of a dynamic and highly motivating work environment where you can develop your potential and launch an exciting career;
- Development opportunities where your input makes a difference, including Education Tuition Assistance. A competitive compensation package, 401K plan and flexible benefits that are customizable to you and your family’s needs];
- Employee perks such as discounts from suppliers on various products and services such as insurance, wireless bundles, travel, and much more.
Learn more about us