Tech Data’s Corporate Communications Specialist works within the Corporate Communications department to help develop and execute integrated communications strategies and plans, and create compelling messaging that engages and informs target audiences — at the right time and in the right way. Exceptional writing skills are essential, as are strong interpersonal skills, an eagerness to learn, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, team environment. Project management skills, graphic design and video editing experience are preferred but not required. This individual will assist in all functional areas of Corporate Communications to build awareness, drive engagement, and strengthen Tech Data’s corporate brand.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities Required:
Communications Planning and Content Creation (70%)
Help develop and execute integrated communications plans using social media and a range of other mediums (e.g., written messages, video, infographics, presentations, etc.)
Curate and develop messaging that engages and informs our audiences around the globe about important global and Corporate initiatives
Support Tech Data’s Global Responsibility initiatives and help create communications that drive engagement
Act as an ambassador of the Tech Data brand and culture
Digital Engagement (30%)
Assist with sharing content using digital tools — including but not limited to Tech Data’s company digital workplace, internal and external social media channels, newsletters and emails — to build awareness and drive engagement among both internal and external audiences
Help administer social media platforms (e.g., Sprinklr)
Generate and send monthly metrics report to key stakeholders
Other Duties & Responsibilities:
- Additional duties as assigned
- Meets attendance and punctuality standards
1 to 3 Years of relevant work experience.
Education & Certifications:
Bachelor’s Degree with Communications, Public Relations, Journalism, English or related Field of Study preferred.
Other Education / Certifications: Journalism, graphic design, videography and photography
Occasional non-standard work hours or overtime as business requires.
Professional, office environment.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Able to execute instructions and to request clarification when needed.
- Possesses basic clerical and data entry skills.
- Able to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Able to recognize and attend to important details with accuracy and efficiency.
- Able to communicate clearly and convey necessary information.
- Able to create and conduct formal presentations.
- Able to interact effectively with all levels of management.
- Able to negotiate skillfully, promote/sell ideas persuasively, and close transactions with mutually beneficial results.
- Possesses strong multi-cultural interpersonal skills.
- Possesses strong leadership skills with a willingness to lead, create new ideas, and be assertive.
- Possesses strong organizational and time management skills, driving tasks to completion.
- Able to constructively work under stress and pressure when faced with high workloads and deadlines.
- Able to maintain and promote social, ethical, and organizational standards in conducting internal and external business activities.
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Ability to transport 20 Lbs.
- Able to build solid, effective working relationships with others.
- Able to exhibit ability to be sensitive to the needs, concerns, and feelings of others.
- Able to quickly learn new systems and technology.
- Able to use relevant computer system applications at an advanced level.
Cultural Competency Requirements:
- Within Tech Data diversity is one of our fundamental shared values. We are a multi-cultural environment and we pride ourselves on being a welcoming place of work where we celebrate inclusion and champion people from a multitude of backgrounds.