· Maintain employee confidence and protect operations by keeping human resource information confidential.
· Create and support positive team morale and environment.
· Provide customer service to employees by answering questions regarding policies, procedures and benefits and directing them to the appropriate resource for additional assistance.
· Furnish information regarding employees to authorized sources.
· Maintain personnel and training files including applicable filing.
· Assume responsibility for new hire onboarding documentation including new personnel files.
· Coordinate recruitment for entry level positions which may include direct hires or the placement of temporary employees (i.e., applicant sourcing & tracking; testing; interview scheduling; reference checking).
· Review position specifications, recommend options for recruitment sources and contact referral sources to solicit candidates.
· Coordinate and conduct onboarding process for all levels of new hires (new hire orientations).
· Process employee terminations related payroll and to benefits including COBRA continuation. Work closely with COBRA benefits administrator.
· Track and administer the FMLA policy within the guidelines set forth by applicable federal and state regulations.
· Follow-up and provide timely feedback on unemployment requests.
· Assist with the creation and updates of HR documentation (recruiting aids, training materials, etc.).
· Assist in maintaining compliance with federal and state regulations concerning employment.
· Track employee training within HRIS system.
· Assist with special projects, such as completing benefit and salary surveys.
· Actively promote a positive safety culture and assist with safety initiatives.
· Assist with company function coordination including service awards, company parties, and charitable fundraisers.
· Participate in initiatives to better the community in which we work and live.
· Assist with employee recognition program and documentation.
· Serves as a back up to the Front Desk Assistant to include these duties: making that great “first impression” for the organization, supplying information to callers and visitors as necessary and appropriate, in accordance with company guidelines and policy, operating paging system and receives visitors and directs visitor traffic.
· Distributes mail to both Production areas at least once a day.