About the internship:
The National Society of Leadership and Success (NSLS) is looking for the best and brightest student leaders for a paid remote internship with a fall start.
As an NSLS Intern, you’ll lead the charge of starting a new NSLS chapter as the Student President at your college or university. You’ll be responsible for establishing the chapter to then facilitate a leadership development program for your fellow student members. You’ll contribute to their growth as leaders by hosting events, managing the day-to-day chapter operations, and providing an excellent member experience.
The roots you plant during your internship will live on long after you graduate. Not only will you change the lives of other students, but you’ll elevate yourself by developing your own leadership skills, conquering new challenges, and getting hands-on experience in management, communication, budgeting, public speaking, marketing, and event planning. No matter what your goals are after graduation, you’ll gain the skills you’ll need to thrive in your life and career.
Learn more about this internship and hear from previous NSLS interns: https://nsls.org/internships.
Why The National Society of Leadership and Success?
The National Society of Leadership and Success is the largest leadership honor society in the United States, with 700+ chapters, more than a million members, and growing each day.
The world is going through a historical moment. Never before has there been a stronger need for change at every level of society. At the NSLS, we’re helping to create the next chapter by transforming students into leaders who make a better future. From the way we think, to the actions we take, the students of today are the trailblazers of tomorrow.
Want to be a part of something bigger? Join us!
- Complete all required onboarding documentation and training
- Complete virtual training modules and meet with the NSLS Student Program Director weekly via video conferencing for status updates on key deliverables
- Identify and recruit an executive board team of at least four students and host regular meetings as a group
- Identify and recruit at least one full-time faculty or staff advisor at the college or university
- Establish NSLS as a student organization or department-sponsored organization
- Facilitate the invitation process for the NSLS campus chapter, in conjunction with the NSLS Student Program Director
- Create a calendar of events in coordination with the NSLS Student Program Director for the launch semester
- Effectively launch a chapter of NSLS at your campus and serve as the Chapter Student President
- Facilitate the leadership development program with your executive board and continue to receive support from the NSLS National Office
- Current registered student at a college or university in the United States for the current academic year with a minimum 3.0 GPA and in good disciplinary standing
- Active engagement in your campus/community
- Demonstrated leadership experience within your campus/community preferred, but not required
- Must have at least three semesters/terms remaining in your degree program during which you are willing and available to work
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills
- Proficiency with video conferencing technology (live streaming, webinar)
- Ability to work 10 hours per week. Times and days for the role are flexible, however, at least 50% of your availability for this position must be within standard business hours
- Your campus does not currently host an NSLS chapter (See active chapters: https://www.nsls.org/listing)
You’ll thrive here if you are:
- Charismatic, positive, dynamic
- Goal-oriented and motivated
- Willing to share ideas and are open to constructive feedback
- Willing to go above and beyond
- Highly organized
- Solution-oriented and thrive in a changing environment
- Consistently dependable, disciplined, enthusiastic
- An exceptional communicator (written and verbal) with interpersonal skills
- Hourly compensation, biweekly payment
- Free NSLS Membership including access to earn up to 4 college credits (over $1200 value)
- Flexible hours that fit around most class and work schedules
- Feel good knowing you are using your talents to better your campus and community
- The opportunity for professional development and valuable leadership experience
At the end of your internship, you’ll confidently say that you:
- Advanced from intern to Student President in the span of a single year
- Built a brand new organization on campus from scratch that will positively impact the lives of hundreds of students
- Recruited and managed a student executive board
- Planned as well as coordinated both on-campus and virtual events with the nation’s top speakers, authors, and celebrities
- Completed a leadership training program and inducted a new cohort of campus leaders
- Made connections, learned new skills, and opened the door to new opportunities