The Redwood Group is currently seeking a talented individual to join our growing team as a Commodity Accountant at our Mission, KS headquarters. This role provides primary accounting and customer support to the business unit manager in execution of contracts, rates, and coordinating logistical support from commodity shipments by rail, truck and barge and may occasionally assist others in the organization. This position is responsible for the accurate and timely execution of the entire transaction accounting process from purchase order to invoicing. This individual should have a general knowledge of accounting procedures, is responsible for accurately inputting transactions, generating reports, troubleshooting to resolve issues, and providing top notch customer service to buyers and sellers.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
This role reports directly to the business unit manager and primary responsibilities include:
- Managing all aspects of the business unit-level accounting function, the execution of logistics, supporting merchandisers, and ensuring all compliance and customer requirements are met in all accounting transaction processed by the business unit.
- Document daily purchase and sales activity, data entry to record quantity, cost, delivery, and billing information. Provide reconciliation of purchases and sales and verification of manager’s daily and monthly accounts receivables and payables.
- Ensure vendor invoice amounts are verified, contracts are processed and reviewed in a timely manner, and bring discrepancies to the attention of merchandisers and manager for resolution as appropriate.
- Generate sales invoices and purchase vouchers daily. Review and assist in the collection of accounts receivable as needed.
- Aid customers in resolving trade, freight, accounting, and other issues.
- Previous accounting and agriculture commodity experience is a plus
- General knowledge of accounting process and ability to reconcile information
- Strong attention to detail and high level of accuracy
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with all levels of the organization and with external customers
- Ability to work in a team-based environment and independently
- Possess excellent follow-up skills
- Ability to track multiple items and prioritize according to importance
- Ability to work and focus in an open office environment
- Requires understanding of Microsoft Excel
- Willingness to take on additional duties and responsibilities as needed
- Health and dental insurance
- Paid vacation
- Paid holidays