Here at Scotts Miracle-Gro there is no such thing as a typical day. Our culture is constantly energized by new and exciting growth opportunities and at a rapid pace. Every Associate plays an important role in providing innovative solutions for today’s gardeners and growers and contributing new ideas to improve operations. In our company you need grit, it is what we were founded on over 150 years ago and is what keeps us growing. Regardless of your level in the organization there is a platform for your voice to be heard and the ability to influence change. Family, community and hard working values are weaved into all that we do. Come grow with us, where we develop and nurture the next generation of leaders.
We are looking for a Senior Recruiter who will join our Talent Acquisition Programs and Operations team.
As the Recruiter, your main objective is to act as a talent advisor to your business groups in an effort to attract and retain world-class talent to the organization. No two days will be the same. Whether you are cultivating strong relationships with hiring teams and HR partners or hunting for potential candidates through traditional and niche avenues. We’re always looking for new ways to innovate our recruitment strategy so if you consider yourself to be a trend chaser and enjoy executing process improvements then you would fit in well on our team!
What you’ll do in this role:
- Facilitate recruiting strategy meetings with hiring teams to clearly define staffing needs and sourcing strategies
- Utilize behavioral based interview tactics to screen and assess candidates against position requirements and cultural attributes
- Lead and execute various talent-related process improvements in partnership with internal and external stakeholders (HR, vendors, corporate communications etc.)
- Challenge hiring teams to think “outside the box” by presenting diverse slates of candidates
- Provide exceptional candidate experience throughout and after the recruiting lifecycle
- Work as a liaison between candidates, hiring managers and human resources staff
- Partner with HR Shared Services team on recruiting administrative activities (interview scheduling, job posting etc)
- Provide coaching and developmental feedback to hiring managers and consult with HR Generalist teams for hiring decisions, potential employee relations issues and outcomes from the interview/assessment process
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Minimum 2-5 years of full-cycle recruiting experience
- Prior success influencing your business partners to enhance the recruiting lifecycle
- Desire to balance a requisition load and project work simultaneously
- Knowledge of various sourcing strategies (boolean, LinkedIn, Google etc)
- Prior experience working with HRIS/ATS ideally Workday
- Demonstrated ability to consistently deliver customer-focused, bottom-line oriented staffing solutions as a member of a functional staffing team
- Demonstrated competencies in the areas of recruitment, change management and compensation
- Thrives in a rapidly changing organization and can manage the impact of change on the organization, its culture, and associates
What we do for you (just to list a few cool ones):
- Offer extremely competitive benefits including: Health, Dental and Vision coverage.
- Onsite wellness center which includes: 2,400 sq. ft. fitness center, Walgreens pharmacy and Doctor’s office.
- Beautiful campus and corporate offices designed like a log cabin offering free coffee, chef run cafe and the best crushed ice!
- Unbelievable 401K match (up to 7.5%) and discounted stock purchasing program (15% discount).
- Our commitment to diversity and inclusion includes four employee resource groups: Scotts Women’s Network, Scotts Black Employee Network, Scotts Veterans Network, Scotts Young Professionals and Scotts Associates for a Greener Earth.
- Generous holiday and vacation days.
Our commitment to LiveTotal Health puts the wellness and safety of our associates and their families as the top priority. Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, ensuring associate safety has been a primary focus for all of us at Scotts. With the continuing pandemic, we remain committed to doing everything we can to keep our associates healthy and safe. As such, we are requiring certain associates to get a COVID vaccine*. This safety measure will help protect our associates, our families and our communities. We recognize a medical or personal circumstance may prevent you from meeting this requirement and we have a process to address those concerns.
Scotts is an EEO Employer, dedicated to a culturally diverse, drug free workplace.
EEO/AA Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Notification to Agencies:
Please note that the Scotts Miracle-Gro company does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement, and specific approval to submit resumes to an approved requisition, the Scotts Miracle-Gro company will not consider or approve payment regarding recruiter fees or referral compensations.
*Except where prohibited by state or local law