We are a unique and growing firm that prides ourselves on:
Work/Life Balance: Creating balance that’s effective for both you AND the firm. No one is asked to work extraordinary overtime, which is unusual in our industry!
Career Advancement: Opportunities result from our continued growth and success.
Competitive Compensation: We pay top dollar to our associates and recognize that good talent costs money.
Easily Accessible Location: Our offices are located right off of I-435 on Metcalf and College Boulevard in Overland Park.
A staff accountant role at TPP is a dynamic opportunity if you are interested in public accounting and working with business owners. This opportunity requires a basic understanding of GAAP, the ability to problem solve, to manage multiple tasks and deadlines and communicate effectively with other associates. The position will provide opportunities to work within our tax, accounting and CFO service areas.
Engagement Management and Client Service
- Understand project tasks and scope of working closely with an experienced professional.
- Understand internal budgets, deadlines and timing required to meet client expectations.
- Recognize, research and participate in resolution of engagement challenges.
- Communicate status updates to engagement team.
- Learn how to identify ideas to provide to our clients.
Growing the Practice
- Know how to differentiate our firm from others.
- Assist with drafting proposals.
Recruiting and Leading People
- Participate in recruiting and associate orientation programs.
- Maintain professional image and serve as a role model for new recruits.
- 0-2 years of public accounting experience in the tax area.
- GPA of 3.5 or greater.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Within 6 credit hours of being able to sit for the CPA exam.
- History of leadership, initiative, and drive.
- Demonstrated ability to work well with others.
- Internships or practical work experience a plus.
Call Mackenzie Brock at 913.323.9139 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org