Human Resources – Intern
Since our founding in 1883, UltraSource has served the processing and packaging equipment needs of thousands of companies worldwide in the meat and poultry, seafood, produce, dairy, medical and pharmaceutical industries. Our comprehensive offering includes hundreds of products that enable us to custom tailor equipment solutions that meet the production line objectives, labor goals, budget constraints and brand image of our customers.
UltraSource’s quality program ensures our products are engineered and produced to meet or exceed our customers’ requirements. Reliability, maintainability, and safety are at the forefront of our engineering strategy and support to our dedication to quality.
Summary: Supports the administration function of the Human Resources department and assists the Director of Human Resources on special projects.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Screening potential employee resumes and application forms to identify suitable candidates to fill vacancies.
- Organizing and conducting phone interviews with qualified candidates.
- Posting and reviewing job vacancies on our company career page and social media pages.
- Assist in coordinating onboarding and offboarding of employees.
- Assist HR in responding to staff inquiries regarding policies, employee benefits and other HR-related matters.
- Working knowledge of regulatory and compliance related issues affecting HR.
- Additional activities and group projects as determined by the intern program.
Education or Experience:
- Currently enrolled in a college program focusing on business, human resources or one year related experience.
- Completed college coursework in human resources preferred.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of general HR regulations and compliance.
- Intermediate knowledge and usage of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Working experience with HRIS payroll software.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Must have a passion for employee relations, building culture, and customer service.
- Most possess exceptional attention to detail and ability to maintain confidentiality.
Must be able to fulfill all essential job functions in a consistent state of alertness and in a safe manner. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit. The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel, reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment is usually quiet and is temperature controlled. However, the position’s duties will frequently require the employee to move throughout the organization’s premises, encountering hot and cold ambient temperatures, loud noise, and a manufacturing environment.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.