Position Purpose: State briefly the principal purpose or focus of your position. Why does the position exist:
· Learn and support daily functions of the UBG 401(k) Project Specialists and potentially Co-op Retirement Plan benefits team
· Attend employer sponsored field meetings with cooperative employees educating participants about their plans
· Help in preparation Co-op Retirement Plan and UBG 401(k) education, on-site meeting materials and presentations
Principal Duties: List a series of brief statements which describe the major activities for which this position is accountable:
· Assist project specialists with enrollment of new groups into the UBG 401(k) Plan
· Assist project specialists with annual payroll audit
· Assist project specialists with payroll uploads, quarterly audits, etc.
· Travel to employers in 13 state territory explaining basic components of plans
· Support annual mailings and distributions within the UBG 401(k) and Co-op Plan
· Support management team in preparation of employee meetings, manager meetings, and professional meetings to facilitate better understanding of the plans – use of PowerPoint and Excel
· Provide personalized attention and customized support (special projects) as requested by management team and various employees.
· Perform other administrative support functions as necessary and/or directed by the Director of Communication and Business Development
· Read and interpret plan documents and other technical materials
· Travel for routine benefit meeting events to explain basic 401(k) concepts /Co-op Retirement Plan
· Good organization, oral and written communication, and grammar skills are essential.
· Working driver’s license with ability and willingness to travel – mostly by automobile across 13-state UBG territory in Midwest. Job will include up to 10-20% travel throughout year – by provided rental car.
· Demonstrable knowledge and extremely proficient in using Microsoft Office Products including Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Microsoft Outlook highly desirable.
· Ability to gather information, assemble information, and write summary reports of information desirable.
· Detailed oriented, focused on accuracy, and meeting prescribed timelines and deadlines.
· Ability to effectively communicate via phone and electronic meeting platforms
· Financial terminology desired
· General knowledge of retirement concepts desired
· Understanding of payroll and benefit systems
· Writing skills
· Excellent Telephone Skills, Verbal Communication, Microsoft Office Skills, Listening, Professionalism,
· Professional appearance
· Four Year degree within a Business, Ag Business or Communications discipline.
· Office and administrative support role
· Group/public speaking
· Attention to detail
· Agriculture acumen and/or experience in farming or rural communities