VanEck is a privately held global asset management firm founded in 1955. We develop forward-looking, intelligently designed, active and ETF strategies that strengthen long-term portfolios. We will provide qualified individuals with outstanding education and growth opportunities. If you are a high-energy individual with a strong work ethic, excellent team skills, and outstanding communication skills, we would like to speak with you.
VanEck’s Summer Intern Program includes exposure across the firm through educational, mentorship, and networking events. As an Intern, you will also be exposed to the firm’s senior management, gain an understanding of the financial services industry and learn critical business skills. Our internship program will build more than just your resume — it will challenge your knowledge, build your network and drive your career path. Our program spans 10 weeks and typically runs from June 6 – August 12. If you are looking to gain valuable hands-on experience while working with talented individuals, apply now!
The Fixed Income ETF Portfolio Management group is a team of six people, all based in New York. The team’s primary responsibility is the management of 18 bond funds designed to track indexes across a wide range of bond asset classes, including investment grade and high yield corporates, emerging markets and municipals. Team responsibilities include portfolio and credit analysis, trading and liquidity management, product development and content generation. The group works closely with sales, marketing, capital markets and firm management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Includes the following, other duties may be assigned as needed:
- Monitor markets and index and fund performance in global fixed income
- Analyze various impacts on fund performance, including sampling risk, turnover, tax and custody charges
- Help build reporting mechanisms for tracking error, trade analysis and compliance.
- Interest in one or more of the following: fixed income, securities analysis, emerging markets and/or corporate or public finance.
- Strong communication skills.
- A working knowledge Excel and familiarity with Bloomberg are helpful but not required.
- Roll up your sleeve work ethic.
Education and/or Experience
- Currently entering junior level (3rd year) or beyond within a 4 year college program.
- Some experience within a corporate environment is helpful but not required.
To perform successfully and gain the most from this internship, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Professional demeanor
- Capacity for learning new procedures/ideas
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
In order to be considered for this position, please submit resume with the subject line ‘Fixed Income ETF Summer Intern Undergraduate’ to firstname.lastname@example.org.