VanEck is a privately held global asset management firm founded in 1955. We develop forward-looking, intelligently designed, active and ETF strategies that strengthen long-term portfolios. We will provide qualified individuals with outstanding education and growth opportunities. If you are a high-energy individual with a strong work ethic, excellent team skills, and outstanding communication skills, we would like to speak with you.
VanEck’s Summer Intern Program includes exposure across the firm through educational, mentorship, and networking events. As an Intern, you will also be exposed to the firm’s senior management, gain an understanding of the financial services industry and learn critical business skills. Our internship program will build more than just your resume — it will challenge your knowledge, build your network and drive your career path. Our program spans 10 weeks and runs from June 6 – August 12. If you are looking to gain valuable hands-on experience while working with talented individuals, apply now!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
This internship will support VanEck’s Institutional Marketing team and will provide you with direct exposure to marketing and client service within the asset management business. The Institutional Marketing Team prepares requests for proposals (RFPs) and due diligence questionnaires (DDQs) for new business opportunities and existing clients to accurately reflect VanEck’s products, investment services and strengths. The team partners with product managers, sales, portfolio management, portfolio operations and compliance/legal staff to gather responses that address the prospect/client’s objectives. Additionally, the team maintains consultant databases and works on projects in support of the firm’s overall marketing and sales efforts.
The Institutional Marketing Intern will be responsible primarily for preparing Requests for Proposals (RFPs), Due Diligence Questionnaires (DDQs), and 2Q2021 client questionnaires from clients, prospects and VanEck senior management.
The position requires meeting aggressive deadlines, performing at high levels of accuracy and working closely with Marketing, Product Management, Portfolio Administration, Compliance and other departments.
Lastly, the intern will provide data and product support for institutional marketing (RFPs / DDQs) and consultant/third party databases.
- Interest in Client Service, Marketing, Product Management within asset management.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail oriented with ability to multi-task.
- Strong organizational/process management skills.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed with uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- A working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Roll up your sleeve work ethic.
Education and/or Experience
- Currently entering junior level (3rd year) or beyond within a 4 year college program.
- Some experience within a corporate environment is helpful but not required.
To perform successfully and gain the most from this internship, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Professional demeanor
- Capacity for learning new procedures/ideas
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization
All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability or marital status.
In order to be considered for this position, please submit resume with the subject line ‘Institutional Marketing Summer Intern’ to firstname.lastname@example.org.