The Program Manager is responsible and accountable for the cross-functional management of new product development and sustaining projects. These projects range in complexity that span functions, organizations, geographic regions, and cultures. The Program Manager coordinates the efforts of engineering, offering management, manufacturing, procurement, quality, order fulfillment, logistics, service, marketing, sales and other cross functional groups to optimize delivery while monitoring project and product cost, schedule and resources. The Program Manager must build credibility, establish rapport, and maintain communication with all project stakeholders, including those external to the organization, to ensure success of the projects.
- Facilitate cross-functional planning and project execution, ensuring all project deliverables are on time, within budget, and meet the agreed upon scope
- Monitor team schedules and ensure coordination of activities
- Provide executive-level program updates to senior management and executive sponsors
- Maintain reporting and tracking programs to assure the project is on target for schedule and cost
- Identify key issues and drive decisions to ensure optimal outcome
- Identify key risks and prepare contingency plans
- Ensure the projects are following the NPDI, New Product Develop & Introduction process
- Assist project team members as required
- Identify and lead continuous improvement projects
- Bachelors of Arts in Business, Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering, or other technical degree. Master’s in Business Administration is a plus.
- Experience in Project or Program Management, preferably in a new product development environment
- Proven ability to lead others to achieve common goals and to accomplish tasks
- Demonstrated competence in problem solving, data analysis, project planning
- Experience leading meetings and presenting to small groups, both in person and virtually
- Ability to quickly develop cross-functional relationships to achieve business objectives
- Process and results oriented with proven ability to accomplish goals
- Proficient with Microsoft Office 365 applications
- Project Management Institute™ Project Management Professional (PMP)® certification is a plus
Vertiv is a $4 billion global critical infrastructure and data center technology company. We ensure customers’ vital applications run continuously by bringing together hardware, software, analytics, and ongoing services. Our portfolio includes power, cooling and IT infrastructure solutions and services that extends from the cloud to the edge of the network. Headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, USA, Vertiv employs around 20,000 people and does business in more than 130 countries. Visit Vertiv.com to learn more.
No calls or agencies please. Vertiv will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States. This is not a position for which sponsorship will be provided. Individuals with temporary visas such as E, F-1, H-1, H-2, L, B, J, or TN or who need sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, are not eligible for hire.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Vertiv is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. We promote equal opportunities for all with respect to hiring, terms of employment, mobility, training, compensation, and occupational health, without discrimination as to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy status (including childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity / expression (including transgender status or sexual stereotypes), genetic information, citizenship status, national origin, protected veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. If you have a disability and are having difficulty accessing or using this website to apply for a position, you can request help by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org