Whirlpool Corporation (NYSE: WHR) is committed to being the best global kitchen and laundry company, in constant pursuit of improving life at home. In an increasingly digital world, the company is driving purposeful innovation to meet the evolving needs of consumers through its iconic brand portfolio, including Whirlpool, KitchenAid, Maytag, Consul, Brastemp, Amana, Bauknecht, JennAir, Indesit and Yummly. In 2020, the company reported approximately $19 billion in annual sales, 78,000 employees and 57 manufacturing and technology research centers.
Whirlpool Corporation is consistently recognized by FORTUNE as one of the World’s Most Admired Companies. Our values are the driving force behind everything we do. Integrity, Respect, Inclusion & Diversity, One Whirlpool, and Spirit of Winning propel our teams to excellence. Get to know us and see what it’s like to be part of a company that is in constant pursuit of improving life at home.
The Brand Immersion Program is seeking 2022 summer interns for our 12 week internship program. During this program, interns gain on-the job experiences while owning a project and developing foundational marketing skills. Project assignments could be in areas such as:
- Digital Marketing / Social Media Strategy
- New Product Launch Initiatives
- Integrated Marketing Communications
- Innovation and emerging capabilities
- Marketing Analytics
This internship offers experiences to help prepare you to:
- Understand and champion the underlying reasons for the consumer’s relationship with the brand and the category.
- Understand the consumer experience and decision making process throughout each phase of the path to purchase and post purchase.
- Understand the rational and emotional meaning of the brand in the hearts and minds of the target consumers to steward the brand strategy and contribute to intended equity & positioning.
- Execute on marketing objectives and strategies which align to business goals.
- Be part of a team that inspires the development of innovative creative executions by channel through briefing of assignment objectives, direction and project outcomes, and management of production project requirements.
- Support the delivery of consistent, on-message integrated marketing communications activities using physical and/or digital tools.
- Recognize the importance of measuring and monitoring the effectiveness of all marketing activities and plans, collect information that contributes to the review of marketing activities, and/or support the use of digital and social analytics and listening tools.
- Participate in the development and execution of project plans, with deadline management assistance and progress monitoring, identify obstacles and take corrective actions with guidance, and communicate project outcomes.
The Brand Immersion internship is our primary intake channel for full-time employment in our Brand Immersion Program at Whirlpool Corporation. Upon successful completion of the Brand Immersion internship program, you will be considered for full-time employment in the Brand Immersion rotational program.
Your Background and Experience:
Required Background and Experience-
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree with concentration in Marketing, Business or a related field
- Minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
Preferred Background and Experience-
- Ability to prioritize, manage time and multiple priorities effectively
- Strong presentation and written communication skills
- Ability to think creatively and has enthusiasm, competitive drive, and self-motivation
- Actively involved in campus activities and organizations, preferably in roles that offer leadership experiences
- Prior Brand and/or Marketing internship or co-op experience preferred, digital marketing and/or marketing analytics experience highly desired
Please note: All candidates that meet the minimum qualifications of the job will be asked to complete our online behavioral assessment, Plum, as a next step in the recruitment process.
For this position, Whirlpool Corporation will not sponsor visas for candidates at this time.Get to know more about our programs at https://www.whirlpoolcareers.com/work-with-us-ca-students/
This position is located at our global headquarters in Saint Joseph and Benton Harbor, Michigan. Whirlpool Corporation’s headquarters is located in the community in which we were founded. Known as the “Twin Cities,” Saint Joseph and Benton Harbor offer thriving year-round shopping and arts districts, quaint shops, wineries, bakeries and restaurants. These communities boast 40 miles of Lake Michigan beachfront, where swimming, sailing, kayaking, waterskiing, boating, and beach volleyball are abundant during the summer. Winter activities include a Luminary Festival, Reindog Parade, chili tour, and ice carving festival.
Connect with us and learn more about Whirlpool Corporation
See what it’s like to work at Whirlpool by visiting Whirlpool Careers. Additional information about the company can be found on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and YouTube.
At Whirlpool Corporation, we value and celebrate diversity. Whirlpool Corporation is committed to equal employment opportunity and prohibits any discrimination on the basis of race or ethnicity, religion, sex, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable law.