At Wipfli, people count
Our people are core to everything we do — the catalyst behind our ability to create exceptional impact and extraordinary results.
We believe in flexibility. We focus on relationships. We encourage each individual to follow their own path. And we seek feedback openly, from all.
People matter here and they feel it.
And we value curiosity. Curious is more than a personality trait. It’s a way of thinking. Of learning. Of working.
There’s purpose in this wonder. It makes us better. It makes us Wipfli.
If you want to be in an environment where you can make a difference — and make a professional home — Wipfli is the place for you.
Check out our Glassdoor Reviews to hear what people are saying about employment at Wipfli!
- Communicate with client and firm associate requests in a timely, accurate, positive and professional manner
- Establish and maintain effective client relationships through regular communications, including on-site visits
- Adhere to prescribed budgets and deadlines
- Develop technical competency and provide assistance to clients
- Participate in continuing professional education programs
- Serve as a trusted business advisor for clients and associates
- Proactively identify improvement opportunities in processes to enhance efficiency, recognize potential issues and/or opportunities in engagements and discuss with engagement leader
- Use data analysis skills to discover useful information and patterns to provide support in recommendations
- Prepare individual, business and fiduciary tax returns and projections in accordance with firm and professional standards as directed by engagement leaders
- Understand and effectively use current tax and accounting software applications
- Research tax related issues and other related financial reports
- Perform a limited number of tax return interviews as needed
- Perform audit, review, and compliance testing procedures in accordance with firm and professional standards and as directed by engagement leaders
- Communicate with engagement leaders regarding open items, testing problems, or other important matters in a timely manner
- Prepare (or review client prepared) financial statements and footnotes, management reports, and other engagement outputs
- Develop technical competency with GAAP and accounting procedures, especially related to assigned product line
- Requires a Bachelor Degree in Accounting
- Above average competency in accounting as demonstrated by college GPA; Minimum 3.2 GPA
- CPA eligibility preferred
- Requires 0 – 1 year of job related experience
- An accounting internship experience preferred
- Preferred coursework in Data Analytics or Big Data
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong computers skills; proficient in Microsoft Office programs such as Excel, Word, etc.
- Experience with accounting software is a plus
- High level of organization, focus, exceptional attention to detail and strong follow-up skills