Executive Benefits Specialist
We currently have an exciting career opportunity for a Benefits Specialist in our Atlanta, GA office.
This position will support Aon’s Executive Benefits practice. The Executive Benefits practice is responsible for designing, implementing, and administering Executive Life Insurance, Disability Insurance, Deferred Compensation, and Supplemental Benefit plans.
This a hybrid role with the flexibility to work both virtually and from our Atlanta, GA offices.
Aon is in the business of better decisions:
At Aon, we shape decisions for the better to protect and enrich the lives of people around the world.
As an organization, we are united through trust as one inclusive, diverse team, and we are passionate about helping our colleagues and clients succeed.
What the day will look like:
- Provide exemplary service to Aon clients and their employees by – Managing open enrollments, including email campaigns
- Enrolling new participants and issuing new policies
- Maintaining plan documentation
- Using databases and spreadsheets for data entry, auditing and plan reporting
- Providing accurate deliverables in a timely manner
- Communicating benefits to plan participants and providing participant-level services
- Answering participant questions on our 800 number
- Building trusted relationships with clients and colleagues
- Identifying and implementing ideas for improvement on assigned cases
- Adhering to standard procedures to ensure accuracy and to control expenses
- Seeking training and self-development to exhibit an increasing knowledge of the industry
How this opportunity is different:
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Skills and experience that will lead to success:
- 0–5 years of corporate experience
- Open to recent graduates
- Experience working in MS Office (particularly Excel and Word)
- Ability to handle a variety of concurrent projects, servicing clients proactively, as well as reacting appropriately to changing priorities
- Ability to communicate effectively in person, in writing, and on the phone
- Attention to detail
- Analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Ability to organize tasks and data
- Life Insurance knowledge
- Benefit Calculation
- Customer Service knowledge and orientation
- Strong analytical and advanced Excel skills; this position requires a lot of Excel experience using formulas
- Strong ability to understand and perform mathematical calculations; this position requires heavy daily calculations
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or Business Administration or equivalent years of business experience
The salary range for this position (intended for U.S. applicants) is $50,000 to $65,000 annually. The actual salary will vary based on applicant’s education, experience, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data. The salary may also be adjusted based on applicant’s geographic location.
How we support our colleagues:
Aon offers a comprehensive package of benefits for full-time and regular part-time colleagues, including, but not limited to: a 401(k) savings plan with employer contributions; an employee stock purchase plan; consideration for long-term incentive awards at Aon’s discretion; medical, dental and vision insurance, various types of leaves of absence, paid time off, including 12 paid holidays throughout the calendar year, 15 days of paid vacation per year, paid sick leave as provided under state and local paid sick leave laws, short-term disability and optional long-term disability, health savings account, health care and dependent care reimbursement accounts, employee and dependent life insurance and supplemental life and AD&D insurance; optional personal insurance policies, adoption assistance, tuition assistance, commuter benefits, and an employee assistance program that includes free counseling sessions. Eligibility for benefits is governed by the applicable plan documents and policies.
In addition to our comprehensive benefits package, we encourage a diverse workforce. Plus, our agile, inclusive environment allows you to manage your wellbeing and work/life balance, ensuring you can be your best self at Aon. Furthermore, all colleagues enjoy two “Global Wellbeing Days” each year, encouraging you to take time to focus on yourself. We offer a variety of working style solutions, but we also recognize that flexibility goes beyond just the place of work… and we are all for it. We call this Smart Working!
Our continuous learning culture inspires and equips you to learn, share and grow, helping you achieve your fullest potential. As a result, at Aon, you are more connected, more relevant, and more valued.
Aon values an innovative, diverse workplace where all colleagues feel empowered to be their authentic selves. Aon is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, domestic partner status, or other legally protected status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer. People with criminal histories are encouraged to apply.
We provide individuals with disabilities reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable law. Please contact us to request an accommodation on ReasonableAdjustments@Aon.com
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.