Connect with a mentor through the Bloch Mentoring Program.
The Bloch Mentoring Program brings together business professionals and current UMKC Bloch students, of all ages and stages of their careers, in a formal and professional mentor/mentee relationship. The next matching round for the Bloch Mentoring Program will be in Spring 2023.
For Students–KICK START YOUR CAREER!
A good mentor can provide insight, help you grow and help you identify pathways to success. Through this mentoring program, you’ll find experienced professionals who are willing to help!
The next matching round for the Bloch Mentoring Program will be in Spring 2023. Before the matching deadline interested students should also attend a brief information session through Handshake. At this information session, students will be able to learn more about the mentoring process, expectations, and guidelines on how to go about the mentoring process.
The Program Coordinator will initiate the matching process and contact both the student mentee and the professional mentor together. To get the ball rolling, we will send out a few typical mentoring goals to help student and mentor be productive and track progress.
For alumni–GIVE BACK, BECOME A MENTOR
Mentoring can be a fun and rewarding experience. As a mentor, you can provide great insight into career and industry trends, transitioning to the workplace, and how to develop into a successful young professional. This program is open to any industry professional (alum and non-alum!) who is interested in giving back to a UMKC Bloch student!
PROGRAM STRUCTURE AND HOW IT WORKS
- This is currently a mentoring program for students in the UMKC Henry W. Bloch School of Management and professionals across business areas who wish to mentor. This program is best for students with at least one year left in their academic program.
- Student mentees are strongly encouraged to go through an information session with the Program Coordinator before being matched with a mentor.
- Around the matching deadline, all mentors and mentees in the Bloch Mentoring Program community will be asked to complete a mentoring match survey. This information will be used to complete mentoring matches!
- Mentor and mentees will be matched on a variety of factors, but the focus is career and industry interests. A formal introduction between mentor and mentee will be facilitated by the Program Coordinator once a match is finalized.
- Each mentoring pair will be formally matched for four months.
For any questions, please email Ashley Nance, Professional Development Manager, Bloch Career Center, email@example.com.